We want to enable as many good causes as possible to participate in our lottery. Set out below are a set of criteria that will be used in deciding whether or not to allow organisations/ groups to join Hive Lotto.
There is no application fee for organisations/ groups to join Hive Lotto.
Criteria for joining Hive Lotto:
Your organisation/ group must be one of the following specified organisations, or alternatively must meet all of the general criteria set out below:
a) A charity registered with the Charity Commission for England & Wales
b) A Parish or Town Council
c) Educational Establishment/ Parent- Teacher Association (or equivalent)
d) A “uniform” organisation (e.g Scouts, Brownies)
• Provide local community activities or services which are of benefit to residents of your area
• Have a formal constitution or set of rules
• Have a bank account requiring at least 2 unrelated signatories
• Operate with no undue restrictions on membership
And be one of the following:
• A constituted group with a volunteer management committee with a minimum of three unrelated members that meets on a regular basis (at least 3-4 times per year)
• a registered Community Interest Company (CIC), (such organisations must provide copies of their Community Interest Statement, details of the Asset Lock included in their Memorandum and Articles of Association, and a copy of their latest annual community interest report with its application to join the lottery).
Criteria v3 – 31 January 2017
We will not permit applications that:
• promote activities/groups promoting a particular religious or political point-of- view or belief
• are from individuals
• are from organisations which aim to distribute a profit
• are from organisations with no established management committee/board of trustees (unless a CIC)
• are incomplete
Applications not meeting the above criteria may be accepted at the discretion of the Director of Central Services.
The council reserves the right to
(a) reject any application;
(b) terminate the participation of any organisation with a minimum of 7 days’ notice for any reason, unless fraudulent or illegal activity is suspected where termination will be immediate.
Need help? Don't hesitate to contact us
+44 (0203) 176 6862
Is problem gambling affecting you, or those close to you?
Freephone: 0808 8020 133
Please note that your payment has been processed by Capen Ltd Trading as Zaffo.com and your bank statement will include the following information “Zaffo.com-ZaffoCharity 0203 176 6862”
A member of
Hive Lotto is promoted by Adrian Stanfield, Tonbridge & Malling Borough Council, Gibson Drive, Kings Hill, West Malling, ME19 4LZ, under a remote operating licence issued by the Gambling Commission (Type G) (000-045775-R-324356-001)